The Arena is my process for approaching creative work from a place of aliveness and play. Every trip through The Arena lasts one week, and is guided by singular creative intention. Other than that, there really are no rules other than to follow the aliveness. These logs are just for me to document what I did during any given sprint, along with how I'm feeling about it.
What I Shipped
- Proud of the essay I wrote on Monday and Tuesday. Was cool to knock out a 3K word piece that quickly, and I got lots of great feedback on it. Which is super cool given that it was a product announcement basically.
- I wanted to get a proper sales page written this week, but didn't. There was so much resistance. Ugh.
- That said, the shitty place holder sales page I slapped up actually drove a handful of sales, so that's pretty cool. Just goes to show we don't need the fancy version of these things.
- On a whim, I did a bunch of these "arena log" posts, and they added so much easy credibility to my arguments, and they showed me that I'm way more prolific than I realize. Was cool to look back at how much I'd shipped. I plan on doing one of these for every round going forward, and might encourage participants to do it as well!
- Aliveness Score: 6 out of 10. This week felt annoyingly meta to me, especially once I started working on the sales page. Not a lot of aliveness in that work for me.