Last updated: July 17th, 2021
- Putting the finishing touches on not one, but two new micro courses! The first is about how to build an oasis. And the second is about how to stand out in noisy markets, and connect deeply with your ideal fans. (Update, the oasis course is live!) ✅
- Completely rethinking my "about" page in a way that's pretty dang cool. (It has to do with laying out my principles, and creating numerous delightful rabbit holes for people to follow.) ✅
- Creating new onboarding for the Ungated email list.
- Fleshing out the “True Fan Fundamentals” series, and turning it into an email adventure. ✅
- Writing and publishing articles in the “Adventures in NicheCraft” series.
What I'm Reading
- Sacred Economics by Charles Eisenstein - This is the book that singlehandedly convinced me to switch my business into a Gift Economy model. It's a real mind fuck of a book, to be honest, and will probably upend everything you've been taught to believe about our money system. But for me, it came at just the right time, and made a substantial impact.
- A Liberated Mind by Steven Hayes - Super interested in the ACT school of psychology right now. It pairs well with a lot of the Zen Buddhism, Taoism, non-coercion, non-doing stuff I'm into these days. It's cool how all of this stuff ties into creative and marketing work as well.
- The Spy and The Traitor by Ben MacIntyre - I have been fascinated by Soviet history lately, and this one gets deep into Cold War spycraft. Also took an obligatory trip through The Gulag Archipelago (tough, but eye-opening). Plus I blasted through Red Notice a few weeks ago, and it was great.
What I'm Watching
- The Americans - It's my second time watching this show over the last year, and it's just so freaking good. It's also the perfect thing to watch while I'm reading The Spy and The Traitor. It really adds a new dimension to the book.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm - How did I not know about this show before?? Holy shit.
P.S. This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.
P.P.S Speaking of Derek Sivers, if you haven’t already, grab a copy of his book Your Music And People. Though it’s written for musicians, it’s applicable to all creators. It’s perhaps the most delightful marketing book I’ve ever read. 10/10 would recommend.