Last updated: October 18th, 2021
- Transitioning away from the Gift Economy business model. It was a cool experiment, but led to some unfortunate downstream effects. ✅
- Ramping up my content production. Gonna be writing A LOT more between now and the end of the year.
- Finishing up a new course called Stand Out & Connect. It's about how to differentiate yourself in a noisy world, and create deep emotional connections with your fans. ✅
- Publishing a beefy essay about Fascination Stacking, which is the framework I teach in Stand Out & Connect.
What I'm Reading
- Escape from Freedom by Erich Fromm - I started reading this book for the other site I run, which is about politics. But I've realized lately that freedom is the core value of Ungated. So it's fascinating to read this book, and reflect on how we might push away freedom in our creativity, our business, and in other contexts that matter to us outside of politics.
- Impact Networks by David Ehrlichman - I'm thinking a lot these days about how to be more of a change agent, and to nudge some of the complex systems that underlie the world in healthier directions. This is a GREAT book for that, on account of how practical it is.
What I'm Watching
- Nothing at the moment! Inspired by my friend Lesley, I'm trying to watch less TV and less random YouTube videos, and be more intentional about what I consume.
P.S. This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.
P.P.S Speaking of Derek Sivers, if you haven’t already, grab a copy of his book Your Music And People. Though it’s written for musicians, it’s applicable to all creators. It’s perhaps the most delightful marketing book I’ve ever read. 10/10 would recommend.