Last updated: August 11th, 2022
- Fleshing out the philosophy and mechanics of non-coercive marketing, and demonstrating, through how I run my business, that it's a much more effective and joyful way to create true fans than anything you might learn from the traditional marketing world. 😎
- Launching The Arena—a week-long experience that helps creatives come alive, trust themselves, and rediscover the joy of making things.
- Using The Arena process, which I mostly developed to scratch my own itch, to become substantially more prolific this year, and do new types of creative work that are out of my comfort zone!
- Rebranding the Ungated Membership as something very cool. More info soon.
- Writing a personal, intricate essay about how the word Ungated has evolved and taken on rich psychological and spiritual meaning for me, and how it's become the centerpiece of my budding media universe.
- Related to that essay, I'm rolling out a sister publication to this one. It's called Ungated Life, and it's focused on the art of self-renewal in a rapidly changing world.
What I'm Reading
- The Journey of Soul Initiation by Bill Plotkin
- The Evolving Self by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Impro by Keith Johnstone
P.S. This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.
P.P.S Speaking of Derek Sivers, if you haven’t already, grab a copy of his book Your Music And People. Though it’s written for musicians, it’s applicable to all creators. It’s perhaps the most delightful marketing book I’ve ever read. 10/10 would recommend.