An oasis is a refuge from a hostile environment. It’s a place of nourishment, safety, and delight.
This course is for creators who want to build a digital oasis, and make their corner of internet substantially more unique and delightful.
It’s for those of us who are dissatisfied with the status quo of online business. Who are sick of “best practices” and “growth hacks.”
It’s for those of us who want to live by our values, create things we care about, and give our fans a one-of-a-kind experience.
And, of course, Oasis Building 101 will help you do all of this in a way that results in an effective business.
If you yearn to make 1,000 True Fans your reality, I know of no better strategy than building an oasis.
Let’s do this.
What we'll cover in Oasis Building 101:
- Wtf is an oasis anyway?
- The two core principles that make an oasis work
- Overarching structures/models for your oasis
- The elements of worldbuilding (strategy, layering, texture)
- The iceberg principle
- How to subvert the status quo
- Radical depth and specificity
- Playing the long game yourself (and helping your people do the same)
- Creating unique combinations to make old ideas feel new again
- Digging rabbit holes to transport people around your world
- Creating your Oasis Charter
- Building “high impact” pages
- Taking people on sequential journeys
- Sending both quiet and explicit signals to attract your ideal fans
Plus I’ll give you a ton of examples along the way. You’ll see how I’m applying these strategies in my businesses, and how other inspiring creators have used them.
Finally, we’ll wrap with a handful of exercises that’ll help you define your oasis strategy, then execute on it.
If you’re ready to break free from the drudgery and conformity of the internet, and create something totally unique, I hope you’ll join me.
How long will it take to complete this course?
I don't know about you, but I hate massive courses that come with dozens of hours of video, and take weeks or months to complete. Ain't nobody got time for that.
For all of my courses, you can get through the material and do the exercises in about 3-4 hours.
Personally, I'd recommend setting aside an afternoon to blast through it. Or if you'd like to go at a leisurely pace, take it over the weekend.
What's your refund policy?
You have an entire year to test this thing out, worry free.
If, after 364 days, you don't feel this was worth every last penny, I will happily refund you.
Do you offer scholarships?
You bet! If you believe this course will unlock the next step of your creator journey, or help you get unstuck, I don't want finances to stand in the way.
That's why I offer scholarships to anybody who needs one. If you're interested, here's what to do.
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Course Scholarship" as the subject line.
- Tell me which course you're interested in, and how you think it'll help you take the next step as a creator (the more detail, the better).
- Share how much you're comfortably able to pay, as a sign of your commitment to the course. (It's also perfectly fine if you can't afford anything. But in my years of teaching online, I've seen that even tiny financial sacrifices can lead to deeper commitment, and it's the commitment that leads to results.)
I will honor 100% of the requests that follow these directions.
What's the deal with your membership?
You can totally buy this course as a standalone product.
But it's also included, along with every other course I've made or will make, when you become a True Fan (aka an annual recurring member).
Plus you'll get premium content on the website, and you can join our bi-weekly group coaching calls. So you can always drop by to get your questions answered, or just say hello.
It's a pretty smashing deal 😎